Looking for the best trucking gloves? Truck driving is a job that requires the best protection for hands, in this article we take a look at some of the best trucking gloves available that will provide the best protection for HGV drivers in the UK.
- Full-grain cowhide leather
- Abrasion Resistance
- Cut resistance
- Tear resistance
- Puncture resistance
- Thermal insulation
- Elasticated back
Himalayan H310 Yellow Full Grain Leather Fully Fleece Lined Thermal Insulated Gloves. These high-quality thermal gloves are manufactured from yellow, full-grain cowhide leather and are fully lined with an acrylic fleece offering humidity and cold resistance for maximum comfort and warmth. Added durability with an elasticated back and feature piping to protect the seams, palm, and thumb.
- Cowhide Gloves for trucking are soft and durable but maintain strength for heavy-duty tasks.
- The elasticated back of the gloves adds comfort and glove protection.
- The glove’s inner lining provides protection comfort and warmth.
- Heavy-duty glove resistance to cuts and abrasions.
- The gloves do not provide protection against all chemicals.
- Sizing in the UK requires truck drivers to order a size larger than they would normally.
Benefits of Using The Best Trucking Gloves
A truck driver’s working day consists of much more than driving a large vehicle. The process of loading and unloading an HGV truck can involve heavy lifting, carrying, and working with items that can cause damage to a driver’s hands if unprotected.
Items such as lashing straps, chains, ropes, and metal bands can cause cuts, blisters, and burns if a driver’s hands are not sufficiently protected.
Parts of an HGV truck can also be a danger to a truck driver’s hands, heavy doors, Tipper body rear door, Skip lorry chains, and hooks, to name a few.
As well as the truck itself, a driver’s hands can be injured with trucking tools such as hand trucks, rear-mounted forklifts, Pallet trucks, and more.
A truck driver also may require protection from chemicals and fuels that they could come into contact with on a daily basis, such as, diesel fuel, Adblue, Strong detergents, grease, and so on.
As you can see by the examples above a truck driver’s hands require plenty of protection. Settling for a pair of gloves offered by haulage companies is not always a good idea because they are often very cheap and provide poor protection.
The benefits of a high-quality pair of trucking gloves are they ensure adequate protection, comfort, and durability for a truck driver to carry out his or her duties with much more protection to their hands.
Top 5 Best Selling Trucking Gloves
- - Premium leather/comfortable and very durable
- - Ideal for lorry driving/working/handling goods/Gardening/Farm Work/DIY Jobs and much more!!!
- Soft and supple grain leather provides the ultimate dexterity for incredible all-day comfort. Keystone thumb for natural feel and added protection. Double stitched index finger for extra strength....
- CE certified
- New style
- Fully fleece lined. Cat 11.
- Tear resistance - level 3
- MATERIAL - 100% Genuine Full Grain Cowhide, Nature Tanning, Comfortable and Durable. Superior abrasion and puncture resistance provides perfect protection for your hands.
- DESIGN - Palm part with Reinforced Palm Patch design on the key point, Increase Excellent Grip and Durability. Adjustable Wrist, easy for on and off, and dust stop during workplace.
Last update on 2021-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to Choose The Best Trucking Gloves
Investing in a good pair of trucking gloves can give you improved protection when working in the haulage industry, but what should you look for when deciding the best pair of gloves for your trucking job.
The choice of fabric gloves are made from will determine how long lasting and durable a pair of gloves will be, the material needs to protect against abrasions, cuts, and blisters. The material also needs to provide protection from fuel, oil, or chemicals that you may come into contact with.
When working comfort is a factor that should be considered, quality gloves will have a lining to provide warmth and comfort whilst also adding an extra layer of protection for your hands. Work gloves for truck drivers need to be plyable allowing the gloves to form a barrier but not hinder your work.
Choosing the correct size trucker gloves is very important as a poorly fitting glove can impede your working ability but also reduce the amount of protection that the gloves will provide for your hands. Glove sizes vary from manufacturers so always research their sizing guides, and user reviews.
Trucking gloves provided to truck drivers by companies are very often poor quality and inferior for protecting a truck driver’s hands.
A quality pair of gloves for truck drivers can provide added protection from cuts, abrasions, and blisters.
Choosing gloves with the best material, comfort, and size will help truckers work comfortably with increased protection for their hands.