Firstly a truck storage box can be the perfect place to store items on an HGV truck keeping your truck cab clear of clutter and dirt. In this article, we take a look at our top choice storage box for trucks, plus the best places to mount a storage box on a truck and useful items that can be stored inside.
- High-Quality weather protection
- Reinforced structure
- Hinged Lid
- Daken locking system with 2 keys
- Universal mounting brackets
- 200kg max load
- Fire resistant
Daken is a company that has been developing storage solutions for trucks since 1989 specializing in the production of plastic accessories for commercial vehicles. Developing functional storage solutions for the haulage industry Daken is a market leader with its top quality, innovative design functionality products for HGV trucks worldwide.
Daken is a world leader in producing top-quality storage solutions for HGV trucks and Trailers, adding extra storage externally to any commercial vehicle.
Benefits of Using a Truck Storage Box
A storage box is generally fitted to the side of a vehicle, on a rigid truck it would be fitted between the front and rear axles, on a trailer it would be located towards the rear, or somewhere in the middle of the trailer built into the side rails.
An external storage box can be used to store handy tools, tie-down straps, tow ropes, chains, gloves, spare parts, and other items that would not be best suited inside the cab of the truck.
A truck driver gets many benefits from a storage box on a truck. The box is easy to access allowing the driver to use tie-down straps quickly, without having to climb up to the footwell of a truck which could prove to be dangerous.
A side-mounted storage box is also useful to store items that need to be kept cold, such as drinking water bottles, food containers or even cooking equipment for nights out in a truck.
Storage Box Security
Having a storage box on a truck is great for many items useful for a truck driver to gain access to quickly and easily.
Making sure that valuable items are kept safe in a storage box means that the box should be lockable, this is very important for vehicles that park overnight either out on the roads of Britain or at service areas.
Over recent years many drivers have experienced theft from their vehicles either goods removed by criminals slashing truck curtains, or tools and equipment going missing because the storage box on their truck had no locking mechanism.
The Daken storage boxes are lockable with a quality Daken locking system designed to ensure their boxes are not easy to break into.
Top 5 Bestselling Truck Storage Boxes
- Tool box made of polypropylene (PP). Outer dimensions: 900 x 367 x 450 mm (W x H x D), see also dimensions sheet inside dimensions: light opening dimensions approx. 780 x 265 mm (W x H) / Inner with...
- Closure: two push locks, foldable, with two locking cylinders and four keys. Seal: EPDM seal inside the lid, dust and water tightness.
- Tool box made of polypropylene, injection moulding with hot-dip galvanised vertical holder with screw set.
- 2 locks with locking cylinder for maximum security against theft and misuse.
- Tool Tray made of polypropylene (PP) with vertical holder
- Outer dimensions: 826 x 500 x 470 mm (W x H x D), see also Dimensions: Blatt
- Tool box made of polypropylene
- External dimensions: 750 x 350 x 450 mm (W x H x D)
Last update on 2021-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Choosing The Right Storage Box for Your Truck
There are many shapes and sizes of boxes that can store equipment on a truck so how do you choose the right one for your needs.
Firstly establish where a box will fit onto the truck or trailer, measure the space available so that the box can be fitted easily and also accessed easily by the driver.
In some circumstances, it may be necessary to cut away a part of a side rail to fit the box in the best position possible for the truck.
Always try to locate a position on the truck or trailer that is on the near side of the vehicle, this is good for the safety of the driver who will then be able to access the box without stepping into traffic when parked on a road.
The size of the box will be determined by what you need to carry in it, this can vary with different job types, try to establish for example how many tie-down straps you need to store, how many tools the vehicle needs that cannot be stored easily elsewhere.
It is always better to fit a box slightly bigger than you think your requirements will be, this allows for extra space should you need it in the future.
Items That Can Be Stored In a Truck Storage Box
Firstly, having a storage compartment outside of the cab of the truck brings many benefits to a truck driver.
Below is a list of items that a truck driver would suitably store in a truck storage box.
- Tie-down straps for securing a load.
- Chemicals for cleaning a truck.
- Chains or ropes again for securing a load.
- Camping Gas cooker for preparing food and small gas canisters for the cooker.
- Water container for drinking or coolant top-up.
- Spare gloves, and wet weather clothing such as waterproof over trousers and jacket.
- Tools that are required for basic repairs.
- Emergency Kit such as road triangle, fire extinguisher, or torch.
- Cargo nets for load security.
- Footwear such as Wellington boots for extreme weather.
As you can see a truck storage box mounted on the side of a truck can provide useful storage for items a truck driver would not want inside the cab of a truck, the list above shows some of the basic items but truck drivers will adapt their storage compartments to suit their needs depending what type of trucking they do.
In conclusion, a truck storage box is a great asset for trucking, providing additional storage for items such as tie-down straps, tools, and accessories.
Storage boxes mounted on trucks or trailers need to be lockable for security when parking a vehicle overnight.
The storage box compartment needs to be waterproof providing weather resistance so that tie-down straps or tools do not get damaged by water.
The Daken Just 600 is our top choice storage box for trucks.