Modern remote controlled trucks are so close to the real thing it’s incredible, in this article, we take a look at some amazing RC Trucks that are not only fun to show your family and friends but also make a fun hobby for truckers on their days off work, should you ever get one!
Scaled Down RC Trucks
Truck drivers have an affinity with trucks and many truckers like to spend their past time showing their skills to family and friends with a fun hobby RC Trucks.
Remote-controlled trucks are a scaled-down version of the real thing and are available in all shapes, sizes make of trucks, and truck types.
Below are some examples of high-quality RC Trucks with plenty of attention to detail and are some of the most realistic Remote controlled truck kits available.
Tamiya Scania R620 Highline Tractor Unit RC Truck Model
RC Scania R620 Highline tractor unit, 6 x 4, BS 300056323, voted winner of the 2009 readers’ poll in the magazine Modell Fahrzeug (Model Vehicle).
The first 3 axles European tractor from Tamiya.
Tamiya is now expanding its three-axle series with the Scania R620 to include this extremely attractive European tractor.
Over 50 cm long and approximately 3 kg heavy replica of the Scania R620, impressive truck/trailer combinations can be assembled in a whole new dimension.
Under the front tilt cab is the proven and robust Tamiya technology.
A powerful electric motor delivers power to the two rear axles via a shiftable 3-speed transmission.
A detailed aluminum ladder frame gives the model the necessary stability.
Thanks to its high unladen weight and fifth-wheel coupling, the R620 can be coupled with numerous Tamiya and Carson-Model Sport trailers.
What is included: model kit for Scania R620 Highline with detailed and illustrated assembly instructions. Technical details: true to the original 2-axle-drive, ABS injection molded vehicle body, tilt cab (to the front), aerodynamic package, true to the original interior fittings, aluminum ladder frame with plastic reinforcements, rear axles with metal bevel gears, metal bevel gear differential, 3-speed manual gearbox, fifth-wheel coupling (suitable for all Tamiya and Carson trailers), leaf spring assembly with shock absorbers on the front and rear axles, aluminum front axle, aluminum driveshafts.
Tamiya Scania R470 Highline RC Truck
Tamiya 1/14 scale Scania R470 Highline Transport Truck Kit Special Edition radio controlled truck in Metallic Orange.
The Scania R470 Highline Truck Kit has a 540 size motor metallic orange body, decal sheet, and instruction manual.
Authentic 2 wheel drive with metal beveled wheels on the rear axle, a 3-speed gearbox plus the driver’s cab tilts forward.
Realistic beyond belief
- Length: 452mm, Width: 187mm, Height: 293mm, Weight (without options): Approx. 3.2kg.
- Wheelbase: 272mm Tread: 156mm (Front), 138mm (Rear).
- Chassis: Aluminum & Polycarbonate Resin.
- Caster Angle: 0°/0°(Front/Rear), Camber Angle: 0°(Front & Rear), Toe Angle: 0°(Front & Rear).
- Dampers: Aluminum (Front & Rear).
- Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive, 3-gear transmission.
- Gear Ratio: (1st Gear) 32.49:1, (2nd Gear) 17.76:1, (3rd Gear) 10.66:1, Diff.
- Motor: Type RS540, Tyre Width: 22mm (Front & Rear), Tyre Diameter: 83mm (Front & Rear).
- Chassis: Ladder frame aluminum channel with resin cross member.
- Drive: Rear-wheel with a driveshaft.
- Motor: 540 size with leads.
- Coupler: Compatible with all current Tamiya 1/14 scale trailers
- Body: Cabin tilts forward separately from fenders with inner and outer fender detail just like the full-size truck.
- Transmission: Three-speed.
- Suspension: Metal leaf springs and coil spring shocks, die-cast metal front axle is float mounted on leaf spring.
Tamiya Remote controlled Mercedes Actros RC Truck
Tamiya RC Mercedes-Benz Actros 1:14 Kit- 3363 6×4 GigaSpace, This is a highly accurate 1/14 scale radio control model that recreates the Mercedes Benz Actros 3363 3-axle truck.
The Actros series debuted in 2011 and was named 2012 Truck of the Year.
Powered by a 15.6-liter inline-6 turbocharged diesel putting out a max of 630hp, the actual 3363 can haul up to 250 tons!
The Tamiya rendition faithfully captures the truck’s modern form with the use of ABS plastic body parts and a number of metal chassis components.
One look at the detailed interior and auxiliary equipment, such as air tanks, will confirm that the body features replica-quality realism, which is further enhanced with metal transfers depicting emblems and numerous metal-plated parts.
The chassis is built for durability as it uses aluminum side channels with resin cross members.
Drivability is accomplished by power from the front-mounted motor and is transmitted via a propeller shaft to the rear axle; built-in differential gears guarantee smooth cornering.
Gear changes can be made via a separately-sold 4-channel transmitter.
The Actros’ realism can be further heightened with separately-available trailers that can be attached to its coupler and make the model over a meter in length! (See real Mercedes Trucks in Our Gallery)
Tamiya Volvo FH12 Globetrotter RC Truck
Tamiya 1/14 electric RC Big Truck Series Volvo FH12 Globetrotter 420 RC Truck. This tractor unit impresses not only its detailed replica but also, the frame, leaf springs, and shock absorbers are made of high-quality metal. A body made of impact-resistant plastic and chrome-plated rims ensure a perfect look.
A 3-speed manual transmission is controlled via a separate servo and thus allows a slow start-up and comfortable switching while controlling this RC Truck.
The suspension is equipped with solid axles with leaf springs just like full-scale trucks.
The rear Box is constructed in Aluminium.
Trailers for RC Trucks
- Remote controlled model
- Color: Non Renseigné
- Number of items: 1.0
- Is assembly required: True
- This is the Flatbed Semi-Trailer kit from Tamiya. It is for use with the Tamiya 1/14th scale tractor trucks, such as the King Hauler, Mercedes-Benz, or Globe Liner.
- Includes: Decals, Extruded Aluminum Frame Construction, Wooded Floorboards, Actual Chain Tiedowns, Working Supension, Rubber Tires and Chrome Wheels.
- Specs: Length: 27-3/8" Width: 7"
- Part number(s) included (in factory packaging): 56306
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Flat bed trailer kit in scale 1:14. Dimensions: Length: 711 mm, Width: 193 mm, Height: 210 mm
- Support surface with wooden planks
- The support feet are retractable. The fixed axles are equipped with metal leaf springs.
- Consists of an aluminium frame
- The leader in hobby products around the world
- Made using the highest quality components and materials
- Test for durability and safety
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In conclusion, RC Trucks are a very accurate replica of the real thing with many features that make radio-controlled trucking fun as a hobby.
Tamiya is a leader in manufacturing radio controlled trucks and provides plenty of accessories to make the hobby more enjoyable.
Thank you for reading this Article “RC Trucks Remote Controlled Truck Hobby” a great way to have fun showing off your skills as a truck driver.