Firstly, as we all know, working in warm weather can make it very uncomfortable for your feet, finding a good pair of Lightweight work boots is important! In this article, we take a look at the benefits of a lightweight work boot plus, take a look at some great option lightweight boots for trucking.
Truck Driver Comfort Wearing The Right Boots
Lorry Drivers have many duties to carry out during a working day, driving a truck is only a part of these duties so finding the correct footwear can make a big difference to your comfort and well-being.
There are many safety boots available but in the summer months a pair of lightweight boots will allow you to work much easier with not only protection, but they will also stop your feet from overheating and becoming sore.
Depending on the type of job you carry out I have listed below some great lightweight boot options for various working environments.
Protecting Your Feet
Standard issue work boots can cause your feet to overheat and sweat during the summer months, especially in very hot conditions.
If your truck driving day involves doing strenuous work that requires a lot of movement, it will certainly make matters worse.
Sweaty feet tend to rub and chafe and develop nasty painful blisters, sweat and rubbing can also cause skin irritations and athlete’s foot.
Obtaining a pair of work boots that are suitable for hot weather is almost a necessity.
Lightweight work boots will help to keep your feet dry and comfortable, as well as cool and fresh during even the most extreme heat conditions.
- Lightweight – Hot weather work boots are made from breathable, and light materials that will keep your feet cool and dry.
- Comfort – Features including padding, lining material, and waterproofing.
- Protective – Reinforcement features such as a protective toe, ankle, and midsole can all be found in comfortable summer work boots.
Having cool and dry feet will also help to keep your body cooler and give you comfort significantly improving your work performance during hot weather conditions.
Low Lightweight Work Boots
Truck Drivers that remain on solid surfaces such as traveling from a depot to a warehouse or similar could take advantage of wearing safety trainer-style work boots which are lightweight and comfortable.
The Black Hammer Safety Trainers have a lightweight Toe Cap and Kevlar Midsole, designed to be comfortable when working.
You can wear them for a 12-hour shift without feeling a sense of fatigue or discomfort.
Safety certified they provide protection and comfort as well as having good grips on the soles of the boot.
A great option for truck drivers in hot weather.
Ankle Protection Lightweight Boots
Lightweight boots for truck drivers whose job needs a little more ankle protection that may be delivering goods to building sites or more rugged terrain, a lightweight ankle boot would be a great choice during hot weather conditions.
The Caterpillar® Excavator Superlite Waterproof Nano Toe work boots, have the combined comfort and flexibility of a sneaker with 360-degree safety protection, underfoot support, and superior slip-resistance.
The work boots provide the latest innovations & technology for everyday comfort and as the model states, they are super lightweight boots.
High Protection Lightweight Boots
Truck drivers who have the task of dealing with very rugged or even encounter water or deep mud on farms or quarry’s may need a taller boot for protection, but in hot weather, a pair of lightweight boots would still be an advantage when it comes to comfort.
Dickies Trenton Pro Safety work boots are waterproof with a steel toe cap, they also provide anti-penetration underfoot protection, and are Anti-static.
The breathable textile lining provides comfort with a padded collar and tongue for added comfort with an energy-absorbing sole.
These boots are lightweight making them perfect for hot days when working.
Don't Compromise Safety for Comfort
Work boots are designed for safety in the workplace, a truck driver’s job can pose a danger to the driver’s feet so health and safety at work guidelines are important.
Lightweight work boots are specifically designed to meet safety protecting your feet to the highest standards possible, it is tempting in summer months to throw on a pair of comfortable trainers from home but this is not advisable for your feet safety.
A proper pair of lightweight safety boots will give your feet comfort, but also give you the required amount of foot protection to carry out your daily duties safely.
Should You Have More than one Pair of Boots?
Having an extra pair of work boots and socks for the summer months is always an advantage and will help with keeping your feet cool and comfortable during the sunny season.
When you are exposed to high temperatures keeping your feet cool can help to reduce the body’s temperature.
Lightweight work boots that are breathable can help to achieve better comfort dispelling the heat away from your feet.
When traveling to work, and returning home after a shift, wear a pair of shoes, trainers, or sandals this will reduce the time spent in a pair of boots for up to 2 hrs a day.
If your job is demanding and you do plenty of walking around, carry an extra pair of lightweight boots in your truck cab, this will allow you to change your boots halfway through your working day, keeping your feet cool and fresh.
Top 10 Bestselling Lightweight Work Boots
- Breathable upper: fashion appearance, these work shoes are light and comfortable, keeping your feet comfortable even after a long day of work, moisture wicking mesh lining for maximum airflow, mesh...
- Anti-Smashing: Our safety shoes feature European standard widened steel toe caps that can withstand 200J of impact resistance. Not only can it better protect your toes but also provide plenty of inner...
- Waterproof : steel toe cap boots upper is made of Nubuck Leather to protect your feet from getting wet and keep your feet dry.
- Puncture proof: work safety boots midsole built with Kevlar,it is features better in penetration-resistant.
- 【Lightweight & Breathable】Steel toe cap boots are constructed with breathable nylon and suede material,keeps your feet fresh and comfy.
- 【Anti-smashing】Safety boots meet European standards which can withstand 200 J impact,lightweight and substantial,provide safety in your work.
- RELAXED FIT 6" Padded Collar Steel Toe Boot
- SB FO SRA, Memory Foam, RELAXED FIT, EN ISO 20345:2011, Steel Toe
- DEALER SAFETY BOOT: Mens brown water resistant lightweight dealer shoe
- TOE CAP PROTECTION: 200 joule aluminium toe cap protection with a composite penetration resistant midsole
- Puncture Proof Safety Boots: The standard steel toe is able absorbe forces of 200J and compression of 15000N, the puncture proof Steel Midsole can bear forces ≥ 1200N, so our safety shoes allow you...
- Breathable upper material: Fashion appearance, mesh hole design highly breathable keep the feet stay fresh and odorless at all times.
- BUILT TO WORK: Steel toe cap protects against impact from falling objects and against compression, giving 200 Joules of protection - equivalent to dropping 20kg from a height of 1m or a weight of 1.5...
- PROTECTION FROM BELOW: Steel midsole - a thin yet strong steel plate that runs the length of the sole and protects against objects penetrating from below and piercing your foot, such as nails, tacks,...
- 👍 Waterproof : The steel toe cap boots made of Suede Leather which can keep your feet dry all day.
- 👍 Anti-Smashing: Work safety boots with steel toe cap meet European standards which can withstand 200J impact, lightweight and substantial, can protect your feet from falling or rolling objects.
- Security Points: The steel toe cap and puncture proof midsole of these safety boots can protect your feet from external injuries when your are working.
- Double Closure: Side-zipper is designed for taking on or off your work boots easily, and a stylish lace-up closure ensures an adjustable and secure fit.
Last update on 2024-02-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In conclusion, a pair of lightweight safety boots will provide protection and comfort in hot weather conditions.
There are different types of lightweight work boots that will provide protection to different areas of the feet, ankle, and lower leg.
Putting a pair of work boots on when you arrive at work, and removing them before the journey home after a driving shift, can reduce the amount of time your feet are in a pair of boots considerably.
Thank you for reading this article “Lightweight Work Boots for Truck Driving” we hope you found it useful to choose the type of lightweight boots that will keep your feet cool, and comfortable during hot working days.