As the coronavirus impacts Britain truck drivers have found themselves on the front line to keep vital goods moving across the country, this guide will help to explain what Covid-19 is and symptoms to watch out for, this is a serious illness, and all precautions possible should be put in place to protect everybody across the country.
What is Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Coronavirus is a new virus that attacks your lungs and airways it is a virus that is spreading quickly across the World and is now affecting Britain.
Currently there is no vaccine for this virus and antibiotics will not treat it, treatment that is being administered for this virus is only to relive symptoms while your body fights off the virus.
The most vulnerable people are the elderly and people with underlying health issues where their immune system is too weak to fight the virus.
Truck Drivers Safety
Truck drivers have a difficult task ahead as the haulage industry is needed to ensure goods are kept moving around the supply chain, If you are a truck driver that does not drive the same vehicle every day you will need to protect yourself.
- Clean the cab area fully before starting out on your journey
- Concentrate on key areas Steering Wheel, Gear Shift, Parking brake lever and door handles.
- Wear gloves whenever possible.
- Wash hands throughout your shift.
- Try not to get in close proximity of other people.
- Avoid direct contact such as shaking hands with customers.
- Sanitise your gloves regularly.
- Avoid touching your face if possible until your hands have been thoroughly washed.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
High Temperature – Feeling hot to the touch on your chest or back.
Continuous Coughing – when you continue to cough repeatedly.
What do I do if I have Coronavirus Symptoms?
If you get symptoms of Coronavirus you need to remain at home (self-isolate) for at least 7 days, do not go to your doctor’s surgery, pharmacy, or hospital.
Advice from the NHS is you do not need to call 111 or be tested for coronavirus whilst you are self-isolating.
If you feel that you cannot cope with the symptoms or your condition gets worse particularly after 7 days then you should use the NHS 111 coronavirus service online only call 111 by phone for advice if you cannot get help online.
How is the Coronavirus Spread?
Because the coronavirus is a new type of illness it is not yet fully known how it is spread, usually, viruses are spread by cough droplets.
It is believed to be unlikely that the coronavirus will be spread via packages or food!
Avoid Catching coronavirus or spreading the virus
Things you should Do
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterward
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
What Not to Do
- Do not touch your Nose, Eyes or Mouth if your hands are not clean
- Do not have any contact with people if you have the coronavirus symptoms (self isolate)
Self Isolation procedures – Corona Advice
What you should do
- try to keep at least 2 metres (3 steps) from other people in your home, particularly older people or those with long-term health conditions
- ask friends and family and delivery services to deliver things like food shopping and medicines – but avoid contact with them
- sleep alone if possible
- regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- try to stay away from older people and those with long-term health conditions
- drink plenty of water and take everyday painkillers, such as paracetamol and ibuprofen, to help with your symptoms
What you should not do
- do not have visitors (ask people to leave deliveries outside)
- do not leave the house, for example to go for a walk, to school or public places
Thank you for reading this article “coronavirus advice ( covid-19 ) British Trucking” I hope you found the information useful.